10 MOST POPULAR ANIMAL PSYCHOLOGY BOOKS
These are the top 10 most-read books in animal psychology and span most fields of animal psychology.
Animal cognition, learning, communication, social behavior, and the evolution of behavior and cognition are just a few of the themes covered in these books on animal psychology. They provide us with a better grasp of how animals think and act as well as insights into their mental life.
Here is a list of the top 10 most popular books on animal psychology:
- “The Intelligent Animal: A New Way of Thinking About the Inner Lives of Animals” by Colin Allen and Marc Bekoff
- “Animal Cognition: The Mental Lives of Animals” by Anthony Dickinson and John D.A. Wylie
- “The Mental Lives of Animals” by Sarah B. Murray
- “Inside the Animal Mind: A Groundbreaking Exploration of Animal Intelligence” by Karen McComb
- “Animal Behaviour: An Evolutionary Approach” by John Alcock
- “The Evolution of Cognition” by Cecilia Heyes
- “The Hidden Life of Dogs” by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
- “The Mind of the Raven: Investigations and Adventures with Wolf-Birds” by Bernd Heinrich
- “Mind of the Dolphin: A Nonhuman Intelligence” by John C. Lilly
- “The Behavior of the Laboratory Rat: A Handbook with Tests” by Richard W. Elwood and Peter J. McDonough
It is important to know that the books on animal psychology are not exhaustive.
kindly check out our article on books on animal behavior if you don’t find your favorite book in this list.